LOCATION : Marseille
START DATE : November 2020
1. Position Summary
The New Oxatis Group is looking for a Senior NodeJS Developer / Tech Lead.
The role will report to the Front-End Leader of New Oxatis.
2. About CMA CGM & CEVA & New Oxatis
The CMA CGM Group, founded by Jacques R. Saadé in 1978, is a world leader in transport and logistics committed to energy transition. Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM reinvents transport and logistics in order to offer an integrated maritime, port and land service that exceeds its customers’ expectations. Present in over 160 countries through 755 offices, 750 warehouses, equipped with a young and diverse fleet of 511 vessels, CMA CGM serves 420 of the world’s 521 commercial ports and operates on more than 200 shipping lines. The Group currently employs 110,000 people worldwide, including 2,500 in Marseille, its headquarters.
On March 26th, 2020, the commercial court of Marseille selected CMA CGM – Lundi Matin consortium to take over Oxatis Group.
New Oxatis Group has ~190 team members, located in France, Germany, the UK and Spain. Its headquarters are in Marseille.
In 2019, Oxatis Group has generated ~€15m revenues, and serves about 10k customers across Europe.
Rodolphe Saadé strongly believes in the potential and expertise of New Oxatis. E-commerce is a sector which continues to show double-digit annual growth, at a worldwide and European level. Ambition is to build a leading e-commerce platform opened to third-party solutions and connected to the largest marketplaces. By adding the services of our CEVA Logistics subsidiary, our objective is to provide a unique solution combining e-commerce platforms and logistics services.
Therefore, Rodolphe Saadé has confirmed to perform a significant investment to allow New Oxatis to build a new Platform and enable its capacity to compete with other significant players (Shopify, Magento, Big Commerce, …). The first version of the new Platform is expected to be delivered by Q1 2021.
Due to disruptive nature of this new platform, we’re looking for a strong JS Tech Lead to help deliver this bold ambition.
3. Position Responsibilities
- Report to the Front-end Leader
- Be the New Oxatis NodeJS technical expert
- Design and build the storefront of a headless e-commerce solution with a microfrontends architecture
- Collaborate with others JS developers
- Develop testable (automated testing, unit tests and functional tests), reusable, and efficient code
- Participate in design and architecture sessions with key stakeholders, gathering and documenting technical requirements
- Participate in technical decisions
4. Technical Stack and environment
5. Skills & Qualifications
- NodeJS (Express, Nest, webpack…)
- ReactJS / NextJS (PWA mobile first with SSR)
- Unit tests (Jest)
- Docker, kubernaties
- JIRA / Gitlab
- Agile organisation
- Bac +3/5, engineering cursus or similar
- Advanced competency with Node.js SSR / React
- Previous experience with Headless solutions development, eCommerce or CMS solutions
- Good software architecture knowledge
- Fluent in French & English
- Good interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Comfortable working with an agile team